Friday, October 22, 2010

Lola Loves Me

"Come down now... we're here at the lobby." This sounded more like of an anxious pleading than an exasperated request from Happy. I have kept my wife and May waiting for me at the Renaissance Tower lobby a good twenty minutes after office work. I was actually finding an excuse not to join them in their nocturnal safari for inexpensive branded clothes at Mega Tent, an upscale tiangge just a stone's throw away from where we work. I don't want to go with them because I really hate shopping for windows, I mean window shopping. You stroll around the place, pick up and examine some really cool and nice merchandise and pray that the price tag is colored red. Otherwise, you move to another booth and then to another section and then to another and... now that's what they call shopping for windows, I mean window shopping, whatever. My best alibis didn't work at all because just a few minutes later, I was magically converted from a junior executive into a senior chaperon.

But just like in any other forced adventure that I have had, something good comes out. I found this really cute white t-shirt for toddlers with a print "Lola Loves Me". It is quite unique and I was thinking this item is a product of "Research and Development." Frankly, I am not as interested as just getting a well-designed and labeled t-shirt but the word "Lola" is a touch of a genius. Believe you me but the line in queue is surprisingly not composed of senior citizens but of middle-aged moms and dads who are more than willing to shell out the extra P250.00 just to accommodate a would-be gift to their sons and daughters. I bought it not because it will look good on Barjae, my one-year old but because my Mom would be pleased to see the label on Barjae's t-shirt - "Lola Loves Me."

Well, I'm looking forward again to a new I-don't-know-when and I don't-know-what adventure. Here's hoping to strike a gold mine next time.

No comments: